Vision, Mission and Objectives
The Office of the Ombudsman will be a well known, effective, responsive and preferred alternative mechanism for the speedy and effective resolution of complaints from the public against the public sector and parastatals; a champion for the protection and promotion of fundamental rights and freedom, the environment and the ecosystem.
The Office of the Ombudsman as an institution created and enshrined in the Constitution of the Kingdom of Lesotho shall:
- Strive to build good governance in the public service and parastatals sectors by inculcating a culture of fair administrative actions, transparency, accountability and the rule of law.
- Protect the public against the infringement of their fundamental human rights and freedoms by the public service and parastatals.
- Intensify public education on human rights, the role and functions of the Ombudsman and contextualize the institution within Basotho as a society.
- To be accessible to and trusted by all persons and communities in Lesotho
- To take prompt action to resolve complaints
- To be an efficient and effective complaints resolving institution
- To insist on adoption of human rights culture and non-corruptive delivery of services
- To promote good governance and the rule of law in public affairs in Lesotho.